A Calming Therapy to Aid Relaxation
- I can provide a session at your home, or you are welcome to come to me. At either location, a quiet and calm atmosphere is preferred.
- If visiting our treatment room you will lie on our massage couch for this lovely relaxing massage which concentrates on back and shoulders, neck and head, face and ears. If you are having a mobile appointment you will be asked sit in a comfy chair, the main thing is for you to be as comfortable.
- You should wear loose-fitting clothing, so that you don't feel restricted or uncomfortable. If you are to be lying on the massage couch you will be asked to remove any upper body clothing so that an upper back massage can be fully enjoyed.
- If having a seated treatment you will remain fully clothed. It's a good idea not to have too many layers as I will want to massage your neck and shoulders, even your upper back, so a polo neck is a bad idea, as is complicated or tight-fitting underwear.
- During your treatment you may choose to be quiet so as to truly calm your mind and body but you are encouraged to speak up if you feel uncomfortable in any way or need to ask a question.
- Indian head massage is kind to hair; it is not kind to hair-dos. Remove any hair bands, clips or slides before you go in, and book that hair appointment for the day after.
- Be prepared for the fact that some of the massage will be quite firm - it can be quite an odd sensation to have your skull massaged, for example - but stick with it. You will feel really relaxed and serene afterwards. The results are worth it.
- Bear in mind as well that as you may have oils rubbed into your scalp - you might want to take a cap, "Alice band" or other hair band with you, along with a hair brush, to make yourself look respectable on your way home, or back at work.
- A full treatment usually takes a maximum of 45 minutes.