Let Go of Fear to Enable Change
I am super happy to be sharing this picture with you (with permission of course).
This lovely client was fearful of riding her pony Bella. She’s been thrown once, been scared since and was anxious of getting back on Bella. She came to me in desperation, feeling very anxious, close to giving up trying.
In one hypnotherapy session we:
- worked through the fear
- reset the fearful emotion and sensations in the body related to previous incidents
- visualised her getting on, riding, and reconnecting with her beloved pony
- learn’t breathing exercises that quickly lower anxiety & stress in the body
- discussed & identified the small positive steps to increase confidence
- reflected in how far she had already come, she’s only been riding a few years
The outcome for my teenage client?
- she understood that fear is just trying to protect us, it’s trying to help us
- she gained a better perspective on her fears and anxieties, they became smaller and less controlling
- using visualisation and mental rehearsals she could see and feel herself riding Bella again, and it felt good!
- she was committed to getting back in the saddle
The very next day she went to the yard and got straight on, how amazing is that! She is taking it slowly and is now working to build that bond and trust with her pony.